At the end of this course you will understand:
- The signs and symptoms of child maltreatment
- North Carolina mandatory reporting laws
- The legal definitions of abuse and neglect
- How and where to make a referral of suspected child maltreatment
- Barriers to reporting and some strategies for overcoming them
- Where to find additional resources
NEW USERS: Begin with the first Topic below. As you progress, each Topic will receive a check. When you’ve completed all of the Topics, you can take the quiz. Time to complete is approximately 2 hours.
RETURNING USERS: If you are required to take this course on a regular basis (yearly, or to begin a new job), you can clear your progress at any time by clicking the reset button (visible below ONLY if you have at least started the course). You will receive a newly dated certificate on completion. USE WITH CAUTION: This will DELETE any previous certificates you’ve earned for this course.