The Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment Training is designed for professionals and volunteers working with children and families and any NC citizen concerned with child well-being. The course is currently only available in English*.
- The signs and symptoms of child maltreatment
- North Carolina mandatory reporting laws
- The legal definitions of abuse and neglect
- How and where to make a referral of suspected child maltreatment
- Barriers to reporting and some strategies for overcoming them
- Where to find additional resources
Begin with the first Topic below. As you progress, each Topic will receive a check. When you’ve completed all of the Topics, you can take the quiz.
Time to complete is approximately 2 hours.